Welcome to Raglan!
Guests often say, how lucky we are to live in Raglan and wish they could stay longer. We agree, we’re very lucky to call Raglan home and wish you could stay longer 😉
Hi, my name is Dominique. My son Boh and I have owned and managed Bow Street Studios since 2009. Other than going to Victoria to study and Aussie for an OE Raglan has always been my home. It is an special wee town and community.
I’m grateful for the opportunity to share Raglan with so many wonderful guests, like you.
My vision for Bow Street Studios is that our guests should feel like welcome friends.
If you’re unsure about what to do while in Raglan please ask me or my team. There are so many options depending on your fitness, time and budget. here are a few ideas.
- Learn to Surf
- Rent a kayak or paddle board from Raglan Kayaks & Paddle boards, they a located right by us. You may get really lucky and see Orca (they visit once or twice a year) or Kotuku (the bird on your $2 coin)
- Rent a mountain bike and ride to the wind farm or explore the new MTB park at Wainui reserve.
- Get private surfing tuition, great for intermediate surfers wanting to get more from each ride
- Raglan Rock, a wonderful outdoor adventure company, offering relaxed to more extreme outdoor experiences.
- Go Horse riding on the beach or across farmland.
- Climb Mt Karioi
- Venture into Te Toto gorge.
- Go to the beach!
- Sunsets, a new show every night. You’ll have a great view from your studio or from the jetty beside the studios
- Bridal Veil Falls.
- Bridge jumping. The footbridge opposite the studios is popular in summer with swimmers jumping into the Kaitoki inlet. Jump in or watch others!
- Walking, explore the waterfront. Wander to the Wharf or cross the bridge and walk up the beach to the surf club. Raglan is an easy town to get around. We’re right in the middle
- Playgrounds. Important for kids. We have a great playground and skate park a short walk from the studios.
- Window shopping. Raglan has some wonderful artists, galleries and gift shops you can explore and regularly hosts art weekends.
Eating in Raglan
- Your studio is well equipped if you choose to make breakfast in your studio. If you’re looking for a treat we recommend The Shack, only a short walk from the studios. It is Raglan’s most popular cafe for a very good reason.
- For cheap eats you could enjoy fish and chips a short 3 min walk across the walk bridge or in Raglan West the Food Dept serves $6 pizza slices and yummy gelato.
- For evening meals Orca, across the road from the studios has earned a reputation as Raglan’s best restaurant for evening dining. Delicious food can be found at The Wharf Kitchen at the wharf and a lovely atmosphere to eat is Rocket on Wainui Road on the way to the beach.
- And pick up a yummy coffee from Indies, a hop skip and jump down the road from us.We’re thrilled you are considering choosing Bow Street Studios while you’re in Raglan. My team and I will do all we can to ensure you enjoy your stay.