Welcome to Raglan!
Guests often say, how lucky we are to live in Raglan and wish they could stay longer. We agree, Raglan is a very special place to call home and we wish you could stay longer!
My name is Dominique. My son Boh and I have owned and run Bow Street Studios since 2009, Raglan has been my home since I was 5 years old, and Boh was born here.
I’m grateful for the opportunity to share Bow Street Studios and Raglan with so many wonderful people and guests, like you.
My hope for you, is that Bow Street Studios is a place where you can feel at home, embrace the beauty, and enjoy the awesome location we offer to explore Raglan.
If you’re unsure about what to do while in Raglan we have listed a few ideas below. Enjoy!
- Rent a kayak or paddle board from Raglan Kayaks & Paddle boards, they a located right by us. You may get really lucky and see Orca (they visit once or twice a year) or Kotuku (the bird on your $2 coin)
- Rent a mountain bike and ride to the wind farm or explore the new MTB park at Wainui reserve.
- Get private surfing tuition, great for intermediate surfers wanting to get more from each ride
- Raglan Rock, a wonderful outdoor adventure company, offering relaxed to more extreme outdoor experiences.
- Go Horse riding on the beach or across farmland.
- Climb Mt Karioi
- Venture into Te Toto gorge.
- Go to the beach!
- Sunsets, a new show every night. You’ll have a great view from your Apartment or from the jetty beside us.
- Bridal Veil Falls.
- Bridge jumping. The footbridge opposite the studios is popular in summer with swimmers jumping into the Kaitoki inlet. Jump in or watch others!
- Walking, explore the waterfront. Wander to the Wharf or cross the bridge and walk up the beach to the surf club. Raglan is an easy town to get around. We’re right in the middle
- Playgrounds. Important for kids. We have a great playground and skate park a short walk from the studios.
- Window shopping. Raglan has some wonderful artists, galleries and gift shops you can explore and regularly hosts art weekends.
Eating in Raglan
- Your Apartment is equipped if you choose to do some cooking. If you’re looking for a treat we recommend The Shack, only a short walk from the studios. It is Raglan’s most popular cafe for a very good reason.
- For cheap eats you could enjoy fish and chips a short 3 min walk across the walk bridge or in Raglan West the Food Dept serves $6 pizza slices and yummy gelato.
- For evening meals Orca, across the road from the studios has earned a reputation as Raglan’s best restaurant for evening dining. Delicious food can be found at The Wharf Kitchen at the wharf and a lovely atmosphere to eat is Rocket on Wainui Road on the way to the beach.
- And pick up a yummy coffee from Indies, a hop skip and jump down the road from us.